Re: gnumeric failure

Harold wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

quick note: please don't hijack threads - if you change the subject,
please start writing a *new* mail rather than replying to a previous
one. by not doing this, your mail gets hidden in the previous thread and
we'll not see it as a new mail (and it also makes reading further
replies to the original thread hard).

> What I find strange is that live-helper detected this open spreadsheet and
> failed .. I thought lh_build did everything in a chrooted environment and
> would not be looking at the host environment?

a chroot doesn't mean that you have own process tables. that's why.

> Do people see this as a bug in live-helper ?
> .. or could it be gnumeric has an error in it's package configuration?

gnumeric does check the process table in its preinst script, and spits
out that warning.

fortunately, this check can be overridden through preseeding.
write something like

gnumeric/existing-process boolean true

into config/chroot_local-preseed/gnumeric.

Regards,
Daniel