Re: unexpected changes - live-bottom/13swap running by default

Il domenica 31 agosto 2008 23:53:28 Tzafrir Cohen ha scritto:

> > > The "we do not touch filesystems by default" invariant is really
> > > important.

It is not really a filesystem, but I got it.

> > > As long as one can pass "swap" at boot time to revert the behaviour, I
> > > would
> > > be in favour of the above change.

> So it won't touch a hibernating Linux "swap" partition.
> Using swap from the installed system has been quite useful over here.

I agree too.

A special "forensic" boot parameter added to all default boot stanzas to
achieve absolute read-only could be a better way to handle the problem.

If LVM2 or mdadm is installed also that software in that case should be
prevented to auto-assemble raid arrays or to build logical volumes... so it is
not just Swap which should be cared.

--
ESC:wq