Re: unexpected changes - live-bottom/13swap running by default

> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>
>> [ ] Use swap partitions automatically in all flavours (leave as is)
>> [X] Don't use swap partitions automatically in all flavours
>> [ ] Use swap partitions for standard and desktop flavours,
>>     use noswap for rescue flavour.
>
> The "we do not touch filesystems by default" invariant is really
> important.
>
> As long as one can pass "swap" at boot time to revert the behaviour, I
> would
> be in favour of the above change.

I agree with Chris .. since 'hibernate' uses swap you could imagine some
examples where linux1 hibernated and live-debian scrambled it and linux1
got confused on restart .. or worst .. if live-debian hibernated and the
boot media was removed and linux1 restarted and thought it could restore
from swap .. more confusion. .. but you need to be able to pass 'swap' at
boot to handle 'older' low memory machines that really need swap.

Harold