Todo for making lenny release and getting official
- Subject: Todo for making lenny release and getting official
- From: daniel at debian.org (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:48:05 +0200
- Message-id: <4899AB95.email@example.com>
this is a list of the outstanding issues we still need to do in order to
make Debian Live ready for Lenny, and making it official. These are
things I have in mind, please shout if I forgot something.
By the end of DebCamp/the end of this week:
* fix #476546
* merge tftp patch from
* verify marcos commit: b78a6ebcecb273908655f79d188bfc60452c4233
* upload live-helper 1.0 and ask for lenny freeze exception
* upload live-initramfs 1.138-1 and ask for lenny freeze exception
By the end of the upper-next week:
* Upload new autobuild images for amd64/i386/powerpc and sparc (unsure
about status about sparc, though).
* Declare images build with lh 1.0 and li 1.381-1 as debian-live lenny
RC1, do some announcements to get attention and call for testers.
* Push RC1 images to cdimage.debian.org
* Add debian.org/devel/debian-live/ similar as /devel/debian-installer
wml page with download links to live.debian.net and
* Also adding live-manual autobuilds to live.debian.net
Before lenny release:
* Adding some stanzas to the release notes (#493931).
* Produce some contents for live.debian.org (which should be a
redirect to debian.org/live).
Somewhere in between:
* Speak with nine.ch about hosting of live.debian.net in order to make
sure we can handle the traffic above 100mbit/s.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net