HDD installation from Live CD
- Subject: HDD installation from Live CD
- From: escherian at gmail.com (Marco Ghirlanda)
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:22:56 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48229C74.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> if you set LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER=live, then it will use the live-installer
>> udeb inside d-i, making d-i installing the squashfs to the hd rather
>> than bootstraping the regular way from .deb packages. however, it is
>> said that there are still some glitches there and then when using
>> live-installer, don't expect it working yet but you're encouraged to try
>> it, and report bugs and send patches.
> I set LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER=live. The resulting iso is a lot smaller then when
> using the original d-i. The CD works ok for the live part but does not react
> to typing "install" at the boot prompt.
I have in Isolinux menu two new entries: "Graphical Installer" and a
Both of them stop at the "configure package manager" step (after
How can I debug it? Switching to other consoles?
Going to try and report.