The Debian Live manual

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> One problem I have with my exiting ikiwiki/markdown knowledge bases is
> that markdown doesn't have a really solid, good-looking (via LaTeX)
> PDF output mechanism, meaning that you can't produce printed
> documentation.

You can produce great printed documentation from markdown & HTML with
something like http://princexml.com/

Basically a browser with good CSS print support. Which tbh isn't quite
'there' yet in our packaged browsers.

> Wikis are also non-linear, which also causes problems when you try to
> produce printed documentation (which is inherently linear).

Well, I think most people understand and like hyperlinks, even in
print mediums like PDF.

> Finally, docbook has good support for footnotes, endnotes, sidebars,
> appendices, lists of figures and tables, and (in recent versions, as
> an extension) some basic formula support.

So does MathML. Tbh I have not tried formulae out with PrinceXML.

I was referring to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/ here.