The Debian Live manual

Hi,

I recently starting putting together the beginnings of the Debian Live
manual. I have setup a simple autobuilder which is updated every hour:

   http://alioth.debian.org/~lamby-guest/live-manual/

The manual itself is in DocBook format and is stored in Git:

   % git clone git://git.debian.org/debian-live/live-manual
  (or)
   % git clone ssh://alioth.debian.org/git/debian-live/live-manual

Some comments:

 * Contributions from everybody are extremely welcome.

   Contributions in patch form are easier to handle, but please feel free to
   simply "brain dump", ignoring all formatting if you wish. (Even better: if
   you are a memeber of the "debian-live" group on Alioth, you should be able
   to commit directly - please do so)

   Whatever your level of contribution, please add yourself to the 'Authors'
   section (chapters/meta.xml, line ~75).

   One approach might be: when a question is asked on the mailing list
   that should belong in the manual - write and commit the the answer to the
   manual, then simply link the original poster to it! This has the
   advantage that the content is "road-tested" by someone actually looking
   for a solution.

 * The current chapter layout is not fixed.

   I am trying to work out the best way to split the discussion between
   various chapters but I am finding it is easier to simply adjust them
   as I go along.

   This means that various sections "cross-over" too much at the moment.. I
   don't consider this to be particularly important right now - chapters can
   always be merged later.

 * Please report errors, omissions and suggestions.

Regards,

Chris Lamb, UK                                       chris at chris-lamb.co.uk
                                                            GPG: 0x634F9A20