running livecd from a hd without installing it

          Thanks again for all the answers,

      The most important thing here is that I'm trying to use the liveCD system with the best performance possible, that's why I thought at first on running it from the hd. When I have more time maybe I will make some experiments with grub and liveCD. I could also always travel with two CDs, one with the system and the other with an iso file, so that I could use the 'fromhd' boot parameter to load  the iso copied into the disk (or, just thought, I could simply pack some script or utility in the liveCD that creates an iso image from cd, since that's not a trivial task in the windows system). The problem from 'tohd' is that I'm not sure how safe is writing from the liveCD into a NTFS file system (even don't know if that's possible), and the last thing I want is to have trouble with my mother-in-law cause I just ruined her windows install. But I'll follow your suggestions and look for usb alternatives, maybe that's the best solution for now (by the way, what do you all use for achieving the best performance possible?). The point is that I also would like to run my debianLiveCD in some older boxes, where maybe only usb 1.0 would be avaiable, don't know if a pen-drive would be that efficient (in any case I'll be packing fluxbox or xfce on it). I really need to try that. If I ever figure out how dyne:bolic does this stuff from docking (could ask them) and the solution is not that far from a debian system, I'll post it here.
       Oh yes, and congratulations for the awesome work with this live-helper thing, it is a really powerful tool to create full customizable live-systems with all what our debian has to offer.

       Gracias,

        Ricardo

--
249 Spiele f?r nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de