postgresql on live CD

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> What is the proper way to do this ? I imagine I could just let the live-helper
> install postgresql and replace a few files with the help of a script later ?

either copy the data files in through local-includes, or add a local
hook that imports with sql. the latter is more flexible, because it's
(almost) independent of the psql version, therefore i personally would
prefere this method.

> Does anyone know if postgresql service is started automatically when
> installing postgresql via live-helper.

there's no difference between 'installed through live-helper' or
'installed on a normal system'. if a service starts at boot time when
you install it, then it's the same for a live-system (unless you
configure it otherwise).

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net