GNUmed on Debian Live CD

On Mittwoch 27 Februar 2008, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Thanks to the helpful comments from the debian-live mailing list readers
> > producing a Debian Live CD and adding GNUmed in an XFCE environment has
> > been surprisingly easy.
>
> Yep.  Finally we reached a point where building live CDs is easy
> enough to get it ready before the software on it is outdated. ;-)
> Kudos to debian-live people.
>
> > Now I just need to get gnumed from the testing distribution working.
>
> So what is the problem here?  Did I missed something?

For the time being I put the packages from experimentel into
chroot_local_packages.

This seems to work. The resulting iso however does not boot. First it would
not find the kernel at all.

I then cleaned up via lh_clean and deleted the cache but kept the config.

I issued all the squashfs-antifuckup commands once again like in an earlier
posting.

Now it starts to boot but fails with 'can't open /scripts/casper'

kernel panic.

apart from the local packages stuff this seemed to work a few weeks ago. I did
not update live_helper or any other package since then.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany