live helper in Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) ?

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Steven Shiau wrote:
>> It does not work in Ubuntu 7.10. it failed in:
>
> you need to adjust LH_MIRROR_* for ubuntu commodities.
Great! Will try that later.

>> 2. Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
>> "linux-image-2.6-486"
>
> you need to adjust LH_LINUX_* for ubuntu commodities.
Great! Will try that later.

>> Therefore I think live-helper does not support Ubuntu by default. right ?
>
> correct.
>
>> I did same test in Debian etch, however I got another problem, the
>> /sbin/start-stop-deamon in the created iso is just "#/bin/bash". In the
>> past, I can restore it by " apt-get -y --purge remove
>> cdebootstrap-helper-diverts". However, now live helper said
>> cdebootstrap-helper-diverts not installed. I realized it's removed by
>> lh_bootstrap_cdebootstrap. So the question is, if I need the real
>> /sbin/start-stop-daemon in created iso, how can I make it ?
>
> sounds like an incomplete build. during build-time, lh_chroot_dpkg is
> taking care of disabling and re-enabling start-stop-daemon. there mustbe
> a reason why the re-enabling has failed in your build.

The command I ran in Debian Etch with live helper 1.0~a37-2 is:
----------
#!/bin/bash
mirror_url="http://free.nchc.org.tw/debian";
mirror_security_url="http://free.nchc.org.tw/debian-security/";
kernel_related_pkgs="linux-image-2.6 unionfs-modules-2.6
squashfs-modules-2.6"
lh_config --mirror-binary $mirror_url --mirror-binary-security
$mirror_security_url --mirror-bootstrap $mirror_url
--mirror-bootstrap-security $mirror_security_url
lh_config --distribution etch --initramfs casper --bootstrap-flavour
minimal --union-filesystem unionfs --bootstrap cdebootstrap --apt apt
--apt-recommends disabled --binary-indices disabled
lh_config --distribution etch --union-filesystem unionfs
--linux-packages "$kernel_related_pkgs"
lh_build
----------
I figured it out that it's because I used "--bootstrap cdebootstrap" and
"--bootstrap-flavour minimal", and by default,
cdebootstrap-helper-diverts will be installed and it will be purged by
lh_bootstrap_cdebootstrap, and all of these are mixtured with
lh_chroot_dpkg.
If I do not run live helper with "--bootstrap cdebootstrap", then the
start-stop-daemon in the created iso is the original one. Shall this be
fixed ?

Thank you very much.
--
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.