New options in live-initramfs

A Dijous 26 Juliol 2007 10:38, Daniel Baumann va escriure:
> Jordi Pujol wrote:
> > In last days, I have revised the boot procedure in a Debian Live system,
> > adding some useful options, I submit those to you, consider if that is
> > interesting.
>
> Thanks; I'll merge some ovious parts right now, and the more
> 'complicated' ones after the next upload on friday night, to have them
> more tested on the weekend.
>
> some comments to some of your changes:
> > when a timezone is specified, specify also UTC=no in /etc/default/rcS
>
> that's an assumption you do, which should not be done by default. it
> would be even wrong on all non-windows machines.

that depends if Linux sets the computer time in UTC, I have the latest install
of Debian and it sets the computer time in local time (without prompting for
it) , ...

> > noeject - when stopping system; don't prompt to eject boot media and
> > don't eject also,
>
> that we have already with 'quickreboot'.

sorry, I have not seen !

> > profile=name - the name of the desired profile, to be used in
> > /etc/live.conf to set a configuration depending on his value,
>
> where do you use that variable later?
when working in my home setting the network values, computer cards,
example:

# /etc/live.conf - configuration file for live-initramfs(7)

export BUILD_SYSTEM="Debian"

export USERNAME="user"
export USERFULLNAME="Jordi Pujol Live user"
export LIVECONF="changed"

export HOSTNAME="jordipujol"
export LIVECONF="changed"

# ********************
# other user settings

export KBD=es
export KLAYOUT=es
export KVARIANT=cat
export KMODEL=pc105

export LOCALE="ca_ES.UTF-8"

export TIMEZONE="Europe/Madrid"

export UNIONTYPE="aufs"

export root_persistence=
export root_snapshot_label=
export home_snapshot_label=

export system_dir="DebianLive"

# ********************
# selected working profile

case $profile in
  myhome)
    export STATICIP="eth0,192.168.XX.10,255.255.255.0,192.168.XX.1"
    export NETCONFIG="lan,192.168.XX.1"
    export XVIDEOMODE="1280x1024,1024x768,800x600"
    export nvidiatwinview="yes"
    export twinvieworientation="leftof"
    ;;
  *)
    export XVIDEOMODE="1024x768,1280x1024,800x600"
    ;;
esac

> > netconfig=domain,ipnameserver1,ipnameserver2 - when a static ip address
> > is specified, we need also that values
>
> the whole network thing is still a big ugly mess, i don't think we
> should add a new 'netconfig=' thing, but fix the 'ip=' thing.

yes, could be also more optional parameters

ip=ipaddress,netmask,gateway[,domain,ipnameserver1,ipnameserver2]

> more about the other stuff later and thanks for your work!

You are welcome!

Jordi Pujol