New options in live-initramfs

Jordi Pujol wrote:
> In last days, I have revised the boot procedure in a Debian Live system,
> adding some useful options, I submit those to you, consider if that is
> interesting.

Thanks; I'll merge some ovious parts right now, and the more
'complicated' ones after the next upload on friday night, to have them
more tested on the weekend.

some comments to some of your changes:

> when a timezone is specified, specify also UTC=no in /etc/default/rcS

that's an assumption you do, which should not be done by default. it
would be even wrong on all non-windows machines.

> noeject - when stopping system; don't prompt to eject boot media and
> don't eject also,

that we have already with 'quickreboot'.

> profile=name - the name of the desired profile, to be used in /etc/live.conf
> to set a configuration depending on his value,

where do you use that variable later?

> netconfig=domain,ipnameserver1,ipnameserver2 - when a static ip address is
> specified, we need also that values

the whole network thing is still a big ugly mess, i don't think we
should add a new 'netconfig=' thing, but fix the 'ip=' thing.

more about the other stuff later and thanks for your work!

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net