timezone

> Don't agree. This is good idea to use kernel boot parameters.
> This is flexible way to customize environment manually at boot
> time, especially for pxe boot.

Well yes, the two mentioned way have pros and cons. I'm thinking also
to have that done in live-sysvinit, i.e in "late" userland, we could
then imagine
some fancy UI that'll ask the user to configure such things, or for
non-interactive boot imagine :
1) static way : preseeded file present in the rootfs (similar to
actual situation)
2) dynamic : preseeded file downloaded from the network via [*] (put
here your preferred protocol)

I've got some code lying around partially implementing situation 2,
via HTTP/GPG, and a direct application : dynamically enable
winbind/Active Directory authentication for lives to be part of a
Windows Domain (and transfer file in a secure way)

My two cents

--
Mathieu