non-package software additions, and other modifications

   (Thank you for the answers to my questions, directly.  I'll try
those out and come back with useful responses later.)

On Jun 20, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Chris Lamb wrote:
> <snip>
>>    I suspect I just need to dig down a little lower in live-helper,
>> and that these things can be done by using the underlying components
>
> You'll probably find the whole thing more straightforward if you use
> lh_config to generate a skeleton configuration and then run
> lh_build just
> below the "config/" directory.

   Very much the case.  I looked at make-live, and determined that if
you provide "config" as it's first command-line argument, it does the
setup and run of lh_config (including 30-bazillion environment
variables), and then doesn't do the lh_build.  So, that's what I'm
doing now, and then running the lh_build myself as you suggest.

                                  - Chris