How to include /etc/network/interfaces?

I am using live-helper 1.0~a14-1~etch.1 to build an Etch ISO.

I want to include a custom /etc/network/interfaces file with a static IP
address. I put a copy of the custom file in
debian-live/config/chroot_local-includes/etc/network/interfaces.

After running "make-live" the custom file (with static interface) appears in
debian-live/chroot/etc/network/interfaces. But, when I run the binary.iso, the
standard /etc/network/interfaces file (with dhcp interface) has been generated.

(User files in debian-live/config/chroot_local-includes/etc/skel are included in
the ISO correctly.)

Is there a way of including a custom /etc/network/interfaces?

Thanks,

--
Chris.