Yesterday's debian-live-etch-i386-gnome-desktop.iso hangs on NEC Versa P8100 laptop.

G'day,

   Haven't found anything related in the FAQ or archive, after
downloading, burning, and booting from
debian-live-etch-i386-gnome-desktop.iso from 28-May-2007 07:17. After
the colour splash, it only goes as far as the initramfs prompt:

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-4) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)

However, help, mount, ps, ls work fine, so the keystrokes are reaching
the shell just fine.

Is there anything I can do to help it over the hump, and continue
booting? (After several years in exile on ubuntu, I do need to return to
debian, but it would help heaps if the live CD works before attempting
an install.)

Erik

P.S. Is there a more user-oriented list that I should be using?