Dialog on a feature of netboot=nfs:// cifs:// http:// https://

On 25/05/07, RJ Ent. <rjent at rjent.pair.com> wrote:

> Yes on the NFS and CIFS, I was just wanting to consolidate the syntax on
> the boot param. I think it is  netboot=nfs nfsroot=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/path
> now and I would like it to be netbooot=nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/path ,
> combine the two parameters. Then I would like to add the ability to mount
> filesystems of http:// and https:// .

I would encourage you to read "Documentation/nfsroot.txt" from the
Linux source tree... I consider that the definitive documentation
about kernel command lines to boot a machine from NFS. I would
encourage all "early userspace" implementations to adhere to that doc
as closely as possible... and at least be backwards compatable with
it!

Oh and my old post is here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-February/000871.html

Alex