new iso procedure

Supposing I've already builded an iso.

I have  some questions about building a  new one based on  the old one
but with changes :

- where  is the  place  to  place my  own  configuration files  (/etc/
rcfiles      or     /home/      rcfiles).       I     presumed      in
debian-live/config/chroot_localincludes but I'm not

- My main question :
I have LH_CACHE="enabled in debian-live/config/common but must I erase
my   old   debian-live/.stage   debian-live/binary   debian-live/cache
debian-live/chroot directories before starting a new building ?

thanks for help
Philippe Monroux
55.3W -21.5S