Debian Live and Google Summer of Code 2007

Chris Lamb wrote:
> Well, even if you 'port' the GUI using wxWidgets you still have the
> problem of porting Bash and various Debian specific things (like
> debootstrap and apt) and the multitude of low-level image creation
> utilities.

the root problem of everything is: due to nature of how cdebootstrap
works, the build host must be able to execute linux binaries of the
architecture we are building the system for.

besides that e.g. windows can't run linux binaries, this is also the
reason why one can't build cross-arch-images (except e.g. i386 on amd64
or powerpc on ppc64, since amd64 and ppc64 can be biarch) right now.