Debian Live and Google Summer of Code 2007

Debian is this year again part of Google's Summer of Code[0].

Last week, the final decisions about the proposed projects were made and
Google granted 9 slots in total for Debian. I am very glad to say that
Chris 'lamby' Lambs[1] proposal for Debian Live is amongst those.

Chris will implement a GUI written in Python using the pygtk GTK+
bindings, see his abstract[2] and the full proposal[3].

The next step on the timeline begins at May 28th, where the students
start coding on their projects. I am happily looking forward to it.

[0] http://code.google.com/soc/
[1] http://www.chris-lamb.co.uk/
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/debian/appinfo.html?csaid=AE1F86C9D1EAF724