apt-proxy usage

"Andrew Donnellan" <ajdlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to use the same a lot as here in Australia
> internet isn't expensive but just slow - downloading two or three
> hundred megs for every Live CD I make isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Another solution is to keep your own copy of the Debian archive somewhere
on your local network.

My brother has a cronjob that updates a local copy when he should be
sleeping. The binary i386 archive changes about 200-300Mb a day
apparently, but the initial download is obviously rather steep.

--
 Chris Lamb, Cambridgeshire, UK                          GPG: 0x634F9A20