apt-proxy usage

On 4/5/07, Philippe MONROUX <phi2-monroux@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Internet  is expensive  in my  paradise  (perhaps it's  the reason  it
> is). So before I begin to  fetch packages...  Is it possible to use my
> apt-proxy. I mean
>
> ii apt-proxy 1.9.35-0.3  Debian archive proxy and partial mirror builder
>
> Something like (if zandette is the name of my localhost):
>
> ,----
> | # $LIVE_MIRROR_BUILD: set the mirror to fetch packages from
> | LIVE_MIRROR_BUILD="deb http://zandette:9999/debian etch main contrib
> non-free"
> |
> | # $LIVE_MIRROR_BUILD_SECURITY: set the security mirror to fetch packages
> from
> | LIVE_MIRROR_BUILD_SECURITY="http://zandette:9999/security etch/updates
> main contrib non-free"
> |
> | # $LIVE_MIRROR_IMAGE: set the mirror which ends up in the image
> | LIVE_MIRROR_IMAGE="http://ftp.debian.org/debian/";
> |
> | # $LIVE_MIRROR_IMAGE_SECURITY: set the security mirror which ends up in
> the image
> | LIVE_MIRROR_IMAGE_SECURITY="http://security.debian.org/";
> `----

Yes, definitely. I have to use the same a lot as here in Australia
internet isn't expensive but just slow - downloading two or three
hundred megs for every Live CD I make isn't exactly my idea of fun.

> And  a question about  software to  install. If  I want  xorg, wmaker,
> iceweasel,emacs21-nox in a list. I presume I have to create (for example) :
>
> /root/debian-live/config/chroot_localpackageslists/LivePackageList
> with :
> ,----
> | emacs21-nox
> | x11-core
> | wmaker
> | iceweasel
> `----
>
> and in /root/debian-live/config/chroot :
> ,----
> | # $LIVE_PACKAGES: set the packages to install
> | LIVE_PACKAGES=""
> |
> | # $LIVE_PACKAGES_LISTS: set the package list to install
> |
> LIVE_PACKAGES_LISTS="/root/debian-live/config/chroot_localpackageslists/LivePackageList"
> `----

AFAIK anything that gets placed in chroot_localpackageslists is
included, you don't need to edit any other config file.

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)