  From: Robert Pickel
  To: live@lists.debian-unofficial.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:14 PM
  Subject: Re: Fluxbox version

  Some of those window managers are small enough to install more than one on a small image....
  I have created some small ISOs that contained icewm and fluxbox...and they were less than 100MB

  Copying an ISO to ram is GREAT!!!! As the ISOs get larger less people will be able to take advantage of this.

  On 5/27/06, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net> wrote:
    Ottavio Caruso wrote:
    > Anyway if I have to advocate a minimal windows
    > manager, I'd recommend jwm.

    ...and I would advocate for wmii.

    Anyway.. the problem with non-mainstream desktop-environments (commonly
    known as Gnome, KDE and Xfce) is, that everybody likes something
    completely diffrent. To be fair, we would have to create a fluxbox, an
    icewem, an wmii, a windowmaker, an ion3, a ratpoison, etc flavour.

    Atm, you can just create them yourself according to your very own taste:

    LIVE_PACKAGES="$packagename_of_your_favourite_windowmanager" make-live
    iso x11

    > There are other interesting features that should be
    > considered and that work in DSL: the backup/restore
    > process, the mydsl extension package management, the
    > /opt directory that does engage RAM.

    Do you mean with 'backup/restore process' that you can remove the CD
    while the system is running? If so, that would be nice to have,
    definitely. The mydsl extensions are not needed, you just can install
    additional debian packages.

    Email:           daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net