USB backup/restore process (was: Fluxbox version)

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 07:25 -0700, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Note that is different from the Knoppix
> "home=some_device" hack, as it does not create a
> persistent home directory and does not wear out a
> flash memory (think of a browser's cache files and
> you'll get the idea).

Just a side note, we can already do the KNOPPIX way by creating a
partition on any block device with the volume label of "casper-rw"...
It's used for any changes to the root file system.

This isn't what you are describing but your idea is interesting.