[Fwd: Re: SoC Project Proposal Already Completed]

Please read comments below:

> What IS needed is a WHOLE LOT of work on hardware detection. What if the
> proposer modified his proposal to port the KNOPPIX hardware
> auto-detection to Debian Live?

I have been working on this... and am trying to expand the knoppix hw
detection and startup scripts packages by having them
undo everything they modified when they were installed... so say yo
installed from the live cd... the install script could simply dpkg --purge
<knoppix-packages>
that would then initiate the rm scripts to get the init script functioning
the way they were before knoppix hw detection was installed.

What is needed, is a casper rewrite to incorporate d-i for
hardware-detection. I already wrote to the applicant about that, but did
not get an answer so far.

Not sure what 'd-i' means...

By applicant, do you mean me? or another SOC applicant?

Bob