[ Resend to the applicant because it is highly likely that you didn't
get the e-mail which I send from the Debconf in .mx due to very broken
internet there (and CC'ed to others )]
as you may have read, I'll mentoring your Google Summer of Code Application.
Your proposal states to create an 'automated live-cd generating script'.
At live.debian.net, we already have a proof-of-concept script. There are
three things left to do for a 'final' Debian Live system:
* Improve the current build script (not more than one week work):
- checking if there is a way to install debs into a directory
without needing to chroot into it.
- creating a usb-stick profile.
- add patches for the netboot profile from the mailinglist.
- adding non-ia32/non-amd64 bootloader configurations.
- some testing and polishment.
* Adjust caspers configuration stuff (not more than one day work):
* Rewrite casper to use d-i for hardware-detection.
As you may see, your original proposal is more or less already done.
What about adjusting it to incorporate the other two things? Please let
me know as soon as possible. A modified proposal should be posted until
sunday evening, at latest.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist