Problem with default user creation

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:03 +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> The problem is still there today (Monday).  Any clue?
>
> > Is it working today for someone?
>
> Is anybody currently having success with make-live iso?

Yes but it is broken and has been for at least two weeks. You can work
around it by fixing the GDM auto-login file (inside the compressed
image) in chroot/etc/gdm/gdm.conf and also by adding

   debian  ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

to the end of the chroot/etc/sudoers file.

The problem is that
chroot/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/casper-bottom/10adduser doesn't
work during the initrd process. It SHOULD be setting the passwords
there.

But this isn't my highest priority because with 'make-live net' one can
modify the image after it is created very easily. I have a queue of
stuff I need merged because, in the past two weeks, I have been unable
to get the developers to work with me (despite contacting via email and
IRC).

File a bug with the above information or generate a patch and send it to
the list.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether the developers are still
working on this project.