Debian Live on a USB memory stick?

The issue is not about creating a data partition, that's trivial.

The issue is about creating a data partition that does not wear out your
memory stick in a few days.

Imagine writing all the cache files, bash login scripts, desktop configs
on that partition all the times?

How long would it take to make your usb stick unusable?

A portable distro-on-a-stick should have a mechanism to manipulate data
on ramsidk and then, once per session, back up the changed data, on
either a file or a partition, and the restore them at the next boot.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, the only usable distro that does that is
DSL and that involves cloops. If you can do that with SquashFS, I'd like
to know how.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I like this project, just I don't find
it
usable right now...