Debian Live - Multi-platform CD?

I was suggesting more stuff (rather than just the arch independant
debs) pushed into a 'common' partion.

Even the arch dependent debs, contain a lot of stuff which is actually
arch independant (documentation, configs, etc). Would require some form
of post processing to determine what is common and what is unique.

---

Yes you might be right about the 'boot sector', a quick bit of reading
suggests that old Mac don't support El Toreno and new (intel) Mac are
EFI.

However according to this page:
http://netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html#multiimage

The BSD guys may have the answer....
<quote>
Alternatively, multiple machine boot CDs can be created with the
following manual procedure. This procedure has been successfully used to
create a single CD which is bootable on alpha, i386, pmax, and sparc. It
should be possible to also make the CD bootable on macppc, vax and on
sun2, sun3 and sun3x. To create a CD which is bootable by multiple
architectures, use the following steps in this order. Please note that
the order is critical.
</quote>

Cheers,
Simon.