Debian Live - Multi-platform CD?

Do you mean install arch:all packages in, let's say,
casper/arch-indep.squashfs, arch: i386 in arch-i386.squashfs and arch:
powerpc packages in arch-ppc.squashfs?

Good idea, main problem being the boot sector I would think.

andrew

On 4/11/06, simon <simon@mungewell.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> whacky idea hit me on the drive in this morning, is it possibly to make
> a single CD with multiple boot images so that you support multiple
> platforms?
>
> So we could have a single CD which supported both 'PC' and 'MAC'.
>
> The wacky bit was that I'm guessing that a large proportion of the CD
> image would be platform independant, could this be 'shared' by
> (ab)using different partions combined into a union fs filesystem.
>
> i.e.
> Partion1 - Common stuff (scripts, pictures, icons, etc..)
> Partion2 - i386 executables
> Partion3 - Mac executables
>
> Simon.
>
> PS. Today's Animal Bingo results - 6 white tail deer and 1 hawk :-)

Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com
http://ajdlinux.blogspot.com
Jabber - ajdlinux@jabber.org.au