Final goal of debian-live project, a tool: proposal and man page

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 05:20:17PM +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Suggested name: make-debian-live
>
> Inputs: target platform, selection of software, target media
> Outputs: iso image, usb-key image, netboot environment

The reason I'm interested in this project is the hypothetical driver
check CD.  You walk into a computer shop, boot the CD on a machine, and
it tells you whether the hardware is supported by GNU/Linux (or GNU/Hurd
or whatever).

Hardware support is a moving target.  Hence, it would be cool if the
hypothetical driver check CD could be updated frequently by burning
additional tracks (multi-session).  I don't like to waste any more CDs
than I already waste!

Since I'm probably not going to be coding this up, maybe such a
requirement is too much to ask.  Just my $0.02.