Re: scripting automated lintian fixes

Hi Jelmer et al.,

> I was hoping Ondřej and you would be open to sharing your existing one-liner
> lintian issue fixers, so we could put them in a common pool (i.e. a git
> repository).

Let me just grep my shell history a second. Okay, looks like you're
only missing the following from me:

 * Empty debian/source/options (not an Lintian tag, mind you)

 * Empty debian/patches/series (not a Lintian tag either..)

Some other quick suggestions:

 * Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 11~?) → Build-Depends:  debhelper-
   compat (= 11) and rm debian/compat.

 * You could probably also grep the long descriptions in checks/*.desc;
   I've sometimes added the literal commands there. (Indeed, trawling
   the .desc files is probably the best/fastest approach to finding
   more.)

Feel free to host this Git repo under the lintian umbrella; would be a
shame for these snippets to be "missed" by them being elsewhere.

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb