Re: [lintian] branch rules-requires-root-classification created (now 0942dcb)

Hi together,

Axel Beckert wrote:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/lintian/lintian.git/log/?h=rules-requires-root-classification
>
> Shall I now merge this feature branch back into master?

Since there were no further objections, I've now merged that branch.

> BTW, Pabs: Did you on purpose not add a debian/changelog entry for
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/lintian/lintian.git/commit/?h=master&id=59a09990badee5391d463442ac0be269b1c6e3ef
> ?

I've allowed myself to add one. Will push it soon after this mail.

> > > * Building the lintian package with or without the above commit
> > >   currently fails for me as follows:
> > >
> > >     tests::rules-including-deprecated-makefiles: install: cannot change ownership of 'debian/rules-including-deprecated-makefiles/usr/share/doc/rules-including-deprecated-makefiles/buildinfo_all.gz': Operation not permitted
> > >
> > >   Running only the failing test with "debian/rules runtests
> > >   onlyrun=rules-including-deprecated-makefiles" after the build fails,
> > >   too, with the same error message.
> > >

> > Given the tests currently succeed on jenkins, my initial assumption you
> > have a "dirty" build environment that affects the test.  I am guessing
> > it is related to dh-buildinfo.
>
> Good guess! Removing dh-buildinfo (pulled in via haskell-devscripts
> and dh-haskell) makes the test suite pass and the lintian package
> build again.

I see that there are "Test-Depends" fields in use in desc files. But
there doesn't seem to be support for "Test-Conflicts" fields yet. So I
intent to implement that feature and use it for the
rules-including-deprecated-makefiles test.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin