Re: Head's up: Debian Policy 3.9.3 release planned for 2012-02-22

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> The only sane way of testing it would involve build-depending on
> python-numpy. Niels ACKed adding such build-dependency on IRC, but I'm
> not sure if he was being serious.

I'm fine with adding Build-Depends to do reasonable testing, as long as
they're not likely to cause problems for building.  Lintian is
arch-independent, so it's not like we're stressing buildds or something.
I'm happy to have git-buildpackage install some stuff to be able to test
all of Lintian's tags as long as it doesn't take minutes to install.  (For
instance, I might balk at build-depending on LibreOffice.  *grin*)