Re: Head's up: Debian Policy 3.9.3 release planned for 2012-02-22

On 2012-02-14 10:23, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I wanted to give you all advance warning that I'm planning a Debian Policy
> upload of 3.9.3 on 2012-02-22.  There are quite a few accumulated fixes
> and changes and it's been a long time since we've done a release.

Hey,

Thanks for the heads up - I suspect we are also a bit overdue on a
Lintian release.  :)  I had a quick look at the git shortlog and from
what I can tell Lintian is pretty much up to speed so far[1].

> [...]
>
> I still have on my to-do list to post another revision of the symbols
> Policy change including some changes from Charles and some changes due to
> my test of symbols with C++ libraries, but at this point the chances are
> good that it will miss 3.9.3 and will be in 3.9.4.
>
> [...]

If I recall correctly you were considering to drop the
"missing-symbols-file" for C++ libraries?

Was the conclusion of #659574 to downgrade the tag to "pedantic"?  If
so, I might do it if I get a sudden urge to write some tests.

Jakub: Do you have some unmerged patches (with tests) you want in 2.5.5?

~Niels

[1]  Admittedly I only noticed some /run, DEP-5 and some multi-arch stuff.