Re: Head's up: Debian Policy 3.9.3 release planned for 2012-02-22

* Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>, 2012-02-14, 17:09:
I still have on my to-do list to post another revision of the symbols Policy change including some changes from Charles and some changes due to my test of symbols with C++ libraries, but at this point the chances are good that it will miss 3.9.3 and will be in 3.9.4.

[...]

If I recall correctly you were considering to drop the "missing-symbols-file" for C++ libraries?

Do we really need to drop it? Wouldn't it be better to extend the tag description to explain that costs of maintaining symbols files for C++ libraries are very high and might not be justified by benefits coming from them?

Jakub: Do you have some unmerged patches (with tests) you want in 2.5.5?

I'd love to have #658311 fixed for the next release, but it's without tests for the moment.

The only sane way of testing it would involve build-depending on python-numpy. Niels ACKed adding such build-dependency on IRC, but I'm not sure if he was being serious.

[1]  Admittedly I only noticed some /run, DEP-5 and some multi-arch stuff.

If DEP-5 is going to have finally a stable URI (is it? I didn't follow its "development" lately), then we should fix at least #651392.

--
Jakub Wilk