Re: Lintian.d.o upgraded to 2.5.2

On 2011-08-18 19:34, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> writes:
>
>> Upgrading was slightly complicated by two things;
>> reporting/checkout-release did not quite work for me (mostly due to a
>> merge-conflict).  I think a "git merge -s recursive -X theirs" could
>> help the automation here.
>
> Yeah, I don't think I usually actually use that script (I just do what it
> does manually, since I'm used to it), so it's probably bit-rotted a bit.

That could explain my issues with using it.  :)

>> The second upgrade issue was caused by debhelper (or dh_testdir at
>> least) not being present on lintian.d.o, so I had to workaround that
>> (trivial, but still annoying).
>
> Oh, we should request that be installed.

That just requires an RT ticket for the DSA team, right?

>>   I do not know if it is custom to run the testsuite on lintian.d.o; I
>> didn't - mostly because they blow up due to lacking
>> debhelper^Wdependencies (Test::Pod and debhelper etc.).  If we do not
>> want to run them, we should probably either make a special target in
>> d/rules for lintian.d.o or/and use DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck in
>> reporting/checkout-release (and /srv/lintian.debian.org/README).
>
> No, I never run the tests there, just build the documentation so that it
> will show up on the web site.  Since it's running stable, I would actually
> expect some of the tests to fail if they rely on functionality (to build
> the test packages, not in Lintian itself, obviously) added since stable,
> so I'm not sure running the tests is all that useful.  Although now that I
> think about it some more, I'm not sure what functionality we'd rely on.

I can, with great pleasure, inform you that the Lintian test suite
passes on a stable system.  As far as I can tell; I only had to pull
debhelper from -backports.
  As I recall, I bumped debhelper because it was the "quick" way of
fixing the lack of "dh build-{arch,indep}" support (used in a few tests).
  In case you were wondering: our "multi-arch" tests[0] currently use a
hard-coded architecture list/dirs (plus being i386 and amd64 specific)
because the relevant dpkg-architecture variable is not available in Squeeze.

Anyhow, I think we should update the README on lintian.d.o to mention
"DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck" :)

~Niels

[0] t/tests/binaries-multiarch*/