Re: Lintian.d.o upgraded to 2.5.2

Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> writes:

> Upgrading was slightly complicated by two things;
> reporting/checkout-release did not quite work for me (mostly due to a
> merge-conflict).  I think a "git merge -s recursive -X theirs" could
> help the automation here.

Yeah, I don't think I usually actually use that script (I just do what it
does manually, since I'm used to it), so it's probably bit-rotted a bit.

> The second upgrade issue was caused by debhelper (or dh_testdir at
> least) not being present on lintian.d.o, so I had to workaround that
> (trivial, but still annoying).

Oh, we should request that be installed.

>   I do not know if it is custom to run the testsuite on lintian.d.o; I
> didn't - mostly because they blow up due to lacking
> debhelper^Wdependencies (Test::Pod and debhelper etc.).  If we do not
> want to run them, we should probably either make a special target in
> d/rules for lintian.d.o or/and use DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck in
> reporting/checkout-release (and /srv/lintian.debian.org/README).

No, I never run the tests there, just build the documentation so that it
will show up on the web site.  Since it's running stable, I would actually
expect some of the tests to fail if they rely on functionality (to build
the test packages, not in Lintian itself, obviously) added since stable,
so I'm not sure running the tests is all that useful.  Although now that I
think about it some more, I'm not sure what functionality we'd rely on.