Re: coordinator for rc2/sid upload needed, ENOTIME

On 2011-03-25 13:20, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2011-03-25 03:31, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> [...]
> Anyhow, potential "major" issues remaining for a ~rc2 upload.

Update:

> #618921 - menu (icon) tags still have inconsistent output

Fixed known issues; as far as I can tell there are no inconsistencies
left in checks/menu-format, unfortunately we do not have the tests to
cover all tags.  Hench a review of this file (or more tests) is appreciated.

> #619487 - sounds like a lot of FPs (missing feedback from python people)

Fixed; tag removed

> #615516 - FP unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt

Reduced tag to pedantic, but keeping bug open.

> Bugs I may just happen to fix because I cannot resist:
>
> #619075 - trivial (except "the the" I suppose)

Untouched for now.

> [...]
>
> Timeline
> ========
>
> What do you think of finishing up ~rc2 by Sunday and then release
> sometime Tuesday (to give people two days to review changes/test etc)?
> Mind you, I would prefer not to do the actual release (at least not
> alone), so this plan assumes one of you are available Tuesday.
>
> Between Sunday and the actual release we would limit the master branch
> to only regression fixes, spelling mistakes (incl. data/spelling) and
> possibly new tests.  (So I will probably go back to the infra branch
> after Sunday :P)
>
> How do that sound?  Also, any suggestions for ~rc3 (e.g. content or/and
> timeline)?

So far this timeline holds; I intend to stop committing to master now.
The only two possible exceptions right now:
 - Waiting for feedback from dpkg-maintainers about the "Built-Using"
   dsc field (Re: the FTP-masters email to d-d-a).  If they ack it I
   will add the field right away to avoid a report on that.
 - If any of the tests show regressions.  I am planning to do a full
   test run tonight or maybe first tomorrow.  Unfortunately my laptop
   does not cope very well with running the full suite (tends to
   freeze/crash the machine), else I would have done that by now.

~Niels