Re: Test suite failures after DepMap merge

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:

> Yes, these should be tested in a different way. lintian-
> output-{colons,letter} could very well use a sorted output. -xml should
> probably be verified by actually testing the resulting parsed data
> structure.

> Otherwise the results are rather unpredictable because it is up to how soon
> the collection scripts finish.

Yeah, I did something easy when I did those just to get a test in there.
Right now, unfortunately, sorting is tied to the format checking, which
needs to be separated in runtests.

The XML test is harder.  Adding an XML structure validator just for that
one test is a bit annoying, although I suppose we could write something
that runs as a post-test script.