Re: Test suite failures after DepMap merge

Hi Adam,

Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just updated my local copy of the lintian repo, thus pulling in the
> DepMap changes.  Running the testsuite now produces a number of failures
> which did not previously occur.
>
> Some appear to be due to the output being sorted in a different manner;
> the lintian-output-{colons, letter,xml} tests are affected here.
>
> Some others are related to options to include or exclude checks or tags:
>
> Running test runtests-options 1.0... building... testing... FAILED:
> --- t/tests/runtests-options/tags       2009-01-25 18:15:02.000000000
> +0000
> +++ debian/tests/tags.runtests-options  2010-03-26 10:22:25.000000000
> +0000 @@ -1 +0,0 @@
> -E: runtests-options source: invalid-standards-version 1.2.3

Don't know how I missed that one. I had let the whole test suite run, but
apparently it died at some point (will have to investigate why).

> Some investigation reveals that this is due to the use of -C.  Inserting a
> print to stderr at the start of checks/standards-version and running "
> LINTIAN_ROOT=. ./frontend/lintian -C standards-version -d
> debian/tests/runtests-options_1.0.dsc" reveals that the check script is
> never executed.

Yes, I apparently over-simplified one bit of the code. Will fix that in a
moment.

> Finally, the generic-empty test seems to loop forever.  In one case it had
> been running for about five minutes before I hit ^C, giving:
>
> Running test generic-empty 1.0... building... testing... make: make: ***
> wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
>
> As a further test I tried running just that one test on another machine
> from a fresh checkout - after an hour, it was still running and I had to
> SIGKILL it as it wasn't responding to SIGTERM.

Use of uninitialized value $lines[0] in pattern match (m//) at
/home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/nmu line 62.

Fixed too.

Thanks for double checking everything :)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net