Re: Test suite failures after DepMap merge

Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
>> I've just updated my local copy of the lintian repo, thus pulling in the
>> DepMap changes.  Running the testsuite now produces a number of failures
>> which did not previously occur.
>>
>> Some appear to be due to the output being sorted in a different manner;
>> the lintian-output-{colons, letter,xml} tests are affected here.

Yes, these should be tested in a different way. lintian-
output-{colons,letter} could very well use a sorted output. -xml should
probably be verified by actually testing the resulting parsed data
structure.

Otherwise the results are rather unpredictable because it is up to how soon
the collection scripts finish.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer