Re: couple of patches

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> What I'm saying is that *all* of that data that you moved from one
>> place to another should be in Lintian::Data.  I want to get away from
>> having these big static hashes in the check scripts where we can and
>> move that data into Lintian::Data, where it's easier to edit and
>> understand.  The same is true of all the simple lists that's currently
>> in the check/* scripts and didn't move.  (The regexes and the more
>> complex data structures, such as the interpreters in checks/scripts,
>> probably need to stay Perl.)

> I can't think of any of the regexes fitting better in data/ than in the
> check script itself, but in case there is one Lintian::Data should be
> regex-aware in the sense that it should use qr as possible as to
> minimise the performance penalty.

Agreed.  But I think the regexes should probably stay where they are (at
least for right now).  It's just the simple lists of keywords that I think
would be handled better in data/*.  The regexes are the tip of the iceberg
of much more complex data structures, and I don't think it makes sense to
try too hard to move all of them.