Re: Starting a new archive-wide run

Russ Allbery wrote:
[...]
> We do still have a memory leak in binary packages, unfortunately.  I think
> it's growing slower, but it's still growing.  I suspect something deep in
> the guts that's leaking memory for all types of packages.

What about making lintian report the memory usage after each package, that way
we could have a slightly better overview of the situation (say memory is only
leaked when packages foo and bar are processed, what do they have in common and
what do they do not have in common with package moo?). Another possibility is
reporting it after each check script, but that'd be too much information (and
won't be of much help because of data caching).

On a partially unrelated topic, what about disabling the pgp/gpg signature check
on lintian.d.o? it just consumes time and space in lintian.log and won't find
anything without the keyrings and gpg setup.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net