Re: Some more t/scripts tests

Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 10:06 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Attached mbox replaces the hacks with a more meaningful replacement.
>
> Sadly the needs-info-missing test breaks :-/
>
> t/scripts/needs-info-missing....ok 1/35#
> # changelog already defined but values don't match:
> # '' (Lintian/Collect/Source.pm) ne 'changelog-file'

Does it really break? It should be a warning which is "fine" until the TODO
in the test script is done.

> On a related note, have my searching skills deserted me this evening, or
> is Test::Synopsis not currently packaged for Debian?

Nope, it isn't, yet.

> I must admit I share Russ's dislike for having to artificially declare
> variables in examples such as:
>
>      use Lintian::Check qw(check_maintainer);
>
> +    my ($maintainer, $field) = ('John Doe', 'uploader');
>      check_maintainer ($maintainer, $field);

The thing is that it gives a clearer idea of what the function expects to
receive.

>> As for making the necessary changes to pass a test before committing the
>> test itself, I'll do it on future tests.
>
> I actually meant the other way round. :-)  The test first and then the
> fixes for issues found by the test.

That's what I would have done in my machine, just the order of commits would
differ :) but sure, whatever way is fine for me.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net