Re: Many bug fixes, more tests, and unimplemented tags

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>
> writes:
>
>> While writting some tests for lintian's internals I noticed that there
>> are many unimplemented tags, i.e. there's a tag description and all in
>> the .desc file but the check script never mentions the given tag.
>
> There probably are some, but you also have false positives here from
> places where variables are used to form the tag names.  For example, all
> of these do exist:

It was until now that I searched for those under lib/ :-/, I had already
excluded most of the tags that used a variable to form the final name.

>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-name-missing' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-missing' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-malformed' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-not-full-name' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-looks-weird' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-is-on-localhost' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-name-missing' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-missing' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-malformed' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-not-full-name' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-looks-weird' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>> #   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-is-on-localhost' detected
>> #   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
>
> I suspect there are a lot of others in that camp from this scan.  Maybe do
> something to turn variables in tag calls into regexes similar to what you
> did with diversions?

Since extracting the tag names from the check scripts seemed overly
complicated all I did was include a list of tag names that, if matched,
should be excluded.
After adding the patters to exclude the tags emitted via Lintian/Check.pm
and *-does-not-load-confmodule, these are the results:

t/scripts/implemented-tags....ok 1/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'no-manpage-in-correct-directory' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/manpages.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 2/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'menu-item-adds-to-root-menu' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/menu-format.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....ok 13/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'possible-name-space-pollution' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/files.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....FAILED tests 2, 12, 15
        Failed 3/32 tests, 90.62% okay
Failed Test                  Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/scripts/implemented-tags.t               32    3  2 12 15
Failed 1/1 test scripts. 3/32 subtests failed.
Files=1, Tests=32,  2 wallclock secs ( 1.07 cusr +  1.10 csys =  2.17 CPU)
Failed 1/1 test programs. 3/32 subtests failed.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net