Many bug fixes, more tests, and unimplemented tags

Hi all,

While writting some tests for lintian's internals I noticed that there are
many unimplemented tags, i.e. there's a tag description and all in
the .desc file but the check script never mentions the given tag.

Attached .t file is the test script I used, it can be dropped under
t/scripts and run prove on it.

$ prove t/scripts/implemented-tags.t
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 2/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'no-manpage-in-correct-directory' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/manpages.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 8/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'config-does-not-load-confmodule' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/debconf.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'postinst-does-not-load-confmodule' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/debconf.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 12/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'menu-item-adds-to-root-menu' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/menu-format.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 15/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'possible-name-space-pollution' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/files.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....ok 16/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-name-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-malformed' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-not-full-name' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-looks-weird' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'maintainer-address-is-on-localhost' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-name-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-malformed' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-not-full-name' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-looks-weird' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'uploader-address-is-on-localhost' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'wrong-debian-qa-address-set-as-maintainer' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'wrong-debian-qa-group-name' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/fields.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....NOK 24/32
#   Unimplemented tag 'changed-by-name-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/lintian.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'changed-by-address-missing' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/lintian.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'changed-by-address-malformed' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/lintian.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'changed-by-address-looks-weird' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/lintian.desc
#   Unimplemented tag 'changed-by-address-is-on-localhost' detected
#   at /home/raphael/Deb/lintian/checks/lintian.desc
t/scripts/implemented-tags....FAILED tests 2, 8, 12, 15, 23-24
        Failed 6/32 tests, 81.25% okay
Failed Test                  Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/scripts/implemented-tags.t               32    6  2 8 12 15 23-24
Failed 1/1 test scripts. 6/32 subtests failed.
Files=1, Tests=32,  2 wallclock secs ( 0.99 cusr +  1.04 csys =  2.03 CPU)
Failed 1/1 test programs. 6/32 subtests failed.

What should be done with those? I don't feel like proposing a patch which
includes this test (the final implementation will be in perl, to exercise a
new module I plan to write and to avoid ugliness) without fixing the
failures.

Attached mbox contains over 14 commits with bug fixes (some can be found in
the wild, i.e. lintian.log, others only thanks to test cases), test cases,
and more (no new feature/check).

Would it be possible to merge these and some of my previous commits? I'm
starting to get stuck on some changes since I don't want to rely on the
final implementation of my proposed changes. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net