Re: binary-from-other-architecture & multi-arch bits

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 10:05 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> You should file a bug about this.  I was expecting some problems along
> those lines since it's a brand-new check.  Looking for a dependency on
> 32-bit libc is a good way of detecting this case and avoiding it.  Thanks!

Will do.

> > Also, nsis contains binaries cross-compiled for i586-mingw32msvc, should
> > lintian also be warning about those too? Most of them are in
> > /usr/share/nsis though.
>
> This unfortunately you're probably going to have to override just because
> I don't see how Lintian could know that it's intentional and not a
> problem.  Lintian does ignore binaries in known multiarch directories, but
> you've got something of a different case (akin to the known existing cases
> where you have to override arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share,
> arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object, etc.).

Yeah, for some reason lintian doesn't warn about arch dependent files
in /usr/share for nsis, it probably should IMO. I'll file a bug about
this too. I'll override it and eventually I'll get upstream to install
things in the correct multi-arch directories.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise