Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 1.24.4-117-g99615b2

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 04:30:24PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> I'm not sure if it actually causes any problems, but when I was running
> the harness using the new code the other day it was throwing an
> uninitialized value warning for each package, as add_pkg_list() does
>
> $self->add_file($type, $file, package => $pkg, version => $ver);
>
> and add_file() uses a combination of type, package, version, arch and
> filename to form a key in order to decide if the package has been seen
> before.
>
> add_pkg_list() could be modified to call get_{dsc,deb}_info based on
> either the file extension or the "type" argument from the package file;
> we would then either have to just extract the architecture and pass it
> on or essentially throw away the package name and version information
> from the package file and use those from get_*_info() instead.

The uninitialized value warning needs to be fixed, but that should be
trivial.

add_pkg_list really can't call get_deb_info, that is just too slow.
As I said, the format of the file should be changed instead to include
the architecture, but I postponed that to 2.1

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/